HOW IT WORKS
- Select the category in which you wish to enter your project.
- Complete the form and enter online.
- Send us before and after images (2 MB) of the space, keeping the following in mind:
- Where possible, before and after photographs should preferably be taken from the same angle.
- Take your photographs during daylight. Natural light makes for better photographs.
- Take wide photographs, not closeups, showing the entire room: kitchen, dining, lounge, bathroom, bedroom, patio, and anything else that might be of interest.
- Where relevant, include close-ups of interesting elements but be sure to include a wide photo of the same area.
- Cellphone photos are fine.
- If you are entering in the DIY category, use our calculator to include your budget breakdown of materials and contractors.
- Indicate all the DIY jobs you completed during the renovation.
- Supply your daytime contact details, cellphone number and home address.
- If you are unable to complete your entry in a single attempt, choose the ‘save’ option at the bottom of the form, and enter your email address to receive a link which will allow you to complete your entry within 30 days. The link will expire after 30 days.
Remember Home | Tuis magazine is practical yet inspirational, with affordability in mind – and the panel will be taking this into consideration when judging your project. So, get reacquainted with your toolbox, tackle that problem space – and show us what you’ve done!